[Reproduced below is the full text of LTO Memorandum Circular AVT-2015-1927 (No Registration, No Travel Policy). Incidentally, in an Advisory published in newspapers, the LTO announced that: “In line with the implementation of NO REGISTRATION-NO TRAVEL policy, starting April 1, 2015, please be advised that only LTO Law Enforcers and LTO Deputized Agents in complete uniform with valid ID and carrying LTO issued Temporary Operators Permit (TOP) are authorized to stop vehicles and apprehend those in violation of the same.”]
Republic of the Philippines
Department of Transportation and Communications
LAND TRANSPORTATION OFFICE
East Avenue, Quezon City
MEMORANDUM CIRCULAR NO. AVT-2015-1927
SUBJECT : NO REGISTRATION – NO TRAVEL
DATE: 20 March 2015
Starting 01 April 2015, no four (4)-wheeled motor vehicle can be used, driven or operated on the roads without being duly registered with the Land Transportation Office (LTO) pursuant to R.A. 4136, Joint Administrative Order No. 2014-01 and other applicable rules and regulations.
1. Any vehicle without license plates shall be stopped and the driver must present the Certificate of Registration (CR) and Official Receipt (OR) of the vehicle;
2. If only CR/OR are presented, a fine of Php 5,000.00 shall be imposed for failure to attach the plates;
3. In case Special Plates were applied for, the driver must present the OR for the payment;
4. If without CR/OR, the driver must present the following:
a. Certificate of Stock Reported;
b. Sales Invoice, which must be dated within seven (7) days prior to the apprehension; and
c. Certificate of Insurance Cover, which must be dated on or after the date of the Sales Invoice.
5. In the absence of any of the above, the vehicle owner shall be fined the amount of Php 10,000.00 for using an unregistered vehicle and the driver shall be fined the amount of Php 1,000.00 and cited for reckless driving;
6. Further, if at the time of apprehension the date of the Sales Invoice exceeds thirty-seven (37) days from the date of purchase, the vehicle shall be impounded;
7. This is without prejudice to the liability of the concerned manufacturer, assembler, importer and dealer; and
8. All apprehensions may be contested within five (5) days therefrom.
For strict compliance.
ATTY. ALFONSO V. TAN, JR.